Here are a few examples where it may be acceptable to have your child ride in the front seat:
• A pickup truck with no back seat.
• A pickup truck with side facing jump seats (as these are not permitted for use with any child restraint).
• Any passenger vehicle where all rear seating positions are in use by other children and a child must, by default, ride in the front seat.
• Many two seat sports cars. Always read the vehicle owner’s manual as some sport cars never permit a child under twelve to ride in the front seat.
• When a child rides in a booster seat (which must be used with a lap and shoulder belt) and the vehicle has lap only belts in all rear seating positions.
These laws are in place to save lives and children rely on adults to keep them safe. If you are a parent of an elementary or middle school child make sure you are following this very important law.