Driving 101 - DOL Exam Terms, Conditions, and Receipt
- The fee for the Knowledge exam is $ 39.00. ( )
- The fee for the Skills exam is $ 40.00. ( )
- The fee for using the school’s training vehicle for the exam is $ 20.00. ( )
- Retake of the Knowledge exam is $ 39.00. ( )
- Retake of the Skills exam is $ 40.00. ( )
- *These fees are separate from the fee charged for your Traffic Safety Course and DOL’s application fees*
- The Knowledge exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions about traffic safety laws. Applicants must pass the knowledge test with at least 80%.
- The drive test will test the applicant’s ability to drive legally and safely. Applicants must pass the driving test with a score of 80%.
- Your exam scores will be entered into the DOL database within 24 hours. You will have to visit the DOL office to apply for your license. Passing the knowledge and drive test does not guarantee that an applicant will be issued a driver license. The Department of Licensing will determine if an applicant has met all licensing requirements. If you are under the age of 18 you must be at least 16 years old, successfully completed a traffic safety education course, have had your permit for a least 6 months and have had 50 hours driving experience with at least 10 night driving hours to apply for your driver’s license.
- The Department of Licensing reserves the right to conduct random re-examinations; applicants refusing to take a re-examination may have their license revoked.
- Refunds: due to the time spent on DOL eligibility and credit card processing fees, there will be NO refunds for the exams.
- Rescheduling: you must call by 3:00 pm the business day before your scheduled drive exam to reschedule. If your drive is scheduled on a Monday, you must notify us by 3:00 pm Friday. If we do not answer please leave a message; the voicemail will tell us the date and time you called.
- Grievance: to report a grievance or complaint, it must be in writing to the supervisor on duty. firstname.lastname@example.org or 9113 NE 117th Ave #100 Vancouver, WA 98662
- We reserve the right to refuse services to anyone.
- If you received a letter from the DOL to take an examination and/or have a physical, mental, visual or any other medical issue, you must test at a DOL office. Failure to disclose this information prior to testing will result in your test not being honored at the DOL to obtain your license and we will not refund the test fee.
- Your car must be legal to operate on public streets. This includes, but is not limited to: windshield, seat belts, wipers, defroster, tires, mirrors, all brake and reverse lights, turn signals and be legally licensed/tabs current.
- In the event of a car accident the instructor is not at fault for an accident and if it is deemed the driver’s fault, the driver will be required to pay the $1000.00 auto insurance deductible.
- You will need to demonstrate arm signals prior to beginning the skills test.
- Pursuant to RCW 46.20.720 a driver convicted of an alcohol offense may be required to have an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in order to drive. The applicant must take the skills exam in their own vehicle using the IID.
- Applicants wishing to use their own vehicle for their skills exam are required to provide proof of insurance and current registration, (current tabs), on the day of the test.
- At the time of the test, provide proof of identification such as a photo permit, out of state license or school year book.
- Failure to have proof of insurance or identification at the time of the exam or coming late is a forfeit of your money.
- If Driving 101 staff find you to be exhibiting indicators or signs of impairment, for example, but not limited to: slurred speech, swaying, clumsy movements, involuntary movements, teeth clenching, red eyes, extreme agitation, rapid rambling speech, dilated pupils or attention problems you will be asked to reschedule at your expense.
- On the drive exam there will be assumed, simulated and real situations. Please practice and be prepared.
- *By signing this document I acknowledge that I have been notified of “Driving 101” policies and procedures regarding testing.
Name: _________________________________________________ Date of Birth: ___________________________
Permit Number: __________________________________________ Phone: ________________________________
Signature: _________________________________________________ Date: _______________________________
Parent signature: ___________________________________________ Date: _______________________________
Drive Exam Date: _________________________________ Time: _________________________
PLEASE COME 10 MINUTES EARLY. IF YOU ARE LATE IT IS A FORFEIT OF YOUR MONEY. PLEASE NOTIFY STAFF OF YOUR ARRIVAL.
Driving 101 LLC – 360.892.6988 9113 NE 117th Ave. #100 Vancouver, WA 98662 WWW.DRVN101.COM